Meet Ashby Floral Design
Ashby Floral Boutique is a wedding exclusive floral design company specializing in lush, organic floral displays. And it has been providing Columbus area brides with individualized service and jaw dropping designs for the past eight years.
Daphne Ashby began Ashby Floral Boutique after helping her cousin design her NYC themed wedding under a gorgeous tent behind COSI facing the Columbus skyline in 2007. “I realized at the time there were no florist specializing in weddings, so I started Ashby Floral to give brides a more personal experience when planning their wedding florals,” she said.
Ashby explained, “I have been working with flowers since age 12 when I would spend my summers on my grandmother’s flower and vegetable farm.” Shortly after college, she began working at a retail floral shop with the hopes of someday starting her own. Two years later, Ashby purchased that shop and ran it for the next five years until she had my daughter and decided to close the shop.
And once Ashby began helping her cousin with her wedding florals, she realized how much she missed working with flowers, particularly for weddings.
“Working with awesome brides that trust my creativity and design and allow me to be a part of one of the most important days of their lives is the best part of owning Ashby Floral Boutique,” she said.
And because Ashby loves creating that perfect floral moment for her brides, she provided Cbus Chic with a few “Flower Tips.”
- Flowers bring your venue to life and help personalize the space for your big day.
- Make sure your flowers are cohesive with the rest of the elements of your wedding. (i.e. Huge ballroom and ball gown, but small simple arrangements) Your flowers should enhance the space and feel of your wedding.
- When comparing floral vendors, make sure you are comparing apples to apples. (Same flowers, same quantities, etc.)
- Use in season blooms to keep costs down.
- Flower prices go up about a week prior to a holiday – Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Christmas. Avoid setting your date during these weeks.
Ashby Floral is launching new branding and a new website in the next couple months. Also, Ashby Floral will be offering a line of fabulous faux flower crowns and headbands in their Etsy store – perfect for photo shoots, destination weddings, bachelorette parties or anytime!
To learn more about Daphne Ashby and Ashby Floral Boutique, visit them online at www.ashbyfloralboutique.com. And follow Ashby Floral on social media channels like Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram (@ashbyfloral) so you don’t miss the announcement when the website launches and when new products are added to the Etsy store.
Ashby Floral was featured on some wedding blogs recently, so take a peak at a couple of the photo shoots from Wedding Chicks (www.weddingchicks.com) and Juno and Joy (www.junoandjoy.co.uk).